Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fight or Flight


there is a darkness when i close my eyes
there is a heaviness deep within
there is an ache in my soul and a knot in my back

i do not pretend to understand exactly what it means
or how to stand here when a part of me longs to run the other way

and i'll argue with myself again
to stand tall...or run fast
fight or flight...

i look to the sky for the answers
i listen to the trees
i search deep within

and i decide...

i will be strong this time
for you... for me...
for the challenge
for the lessons i have yet to learn
for the opportunity for growth
and for love

i choose to fight
i choose to stay
i choose to try
because i don't want to run away.


i will chase the darkness away.... overwhelm it with my light. replace fear with love. hurt with patience and understanding. i will not let myself be hurt this time... i will fight for myself... i'm a good fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment